Senior meals meet the one-third recommended daily nutritional allowance for seniors. We are able to accommodate most special dietary needs. Here’s more information about our Senior Nutrition Program:
- Meals on Wheels: Provides up to one meal per day – hot or frozen, depending on where the client’s home is located. All weekend meals and holiday meals are delivered frozen to be reheated by the client. To be eligible, clients must live in Thurston or Mason County; age 60 or older; no longer able to cook or lack someone to cook, and cannot leave home unassisted. Donation of $3-$7.62 per meal. If you do not meet Meals on Wheels eligibility requirements, you may still receive home-delivered meals by paying the full price of each delivered meal, which is $9.54 (subject to change).
- Community Dining: Each day hundreds of seniors in our community are served a warm, nutritious meal at one of eight locations in Mason or Thurston County meal sites. The suggested donation for a meal is $3 – $7.62, if age 60 or older. Open to the public. Check out our menu in the Useful Links section.
- Nutrition Classes: Watch the center newsletters for dates and times of special nutritional workshops to make planning, shopping, and cooking easier!
- Nutrition Assessment: Our dietician is ready to help you create a daily regime that will be delicious, healthy, and sustainable.
We are truly grateful for the support from our Local Partner Lewis-Mason- Thurston Area Agency on Aging.
Community Dining Locations:
Lacey, Virgil Clarkson Lacey Senior Center
6757 Pacific Ave, Mon/Wed/Fri (private pay $3)
11:30 am to 12:15 pm
Olympia, Olympia Senior Center
222 Columbia St NW, Mon/Wed/Fri, 11:45 am to 12:30 pm
Rochester, United Methodist Church
18206 Corvallis St SW
*Congregate dining will resume in Rochester at a later date
Tenino, The Quarry House
399 Park Ave W, 360.264.5092
*Congregate dining will resume in Tenino at a later date
Yelm, Yelm Senior Center
16530 103rd Ave SE, Tues/Thurs/Fri, 11:30 am to 12:30 pm
South Sound Catering: A program of Senior Services, provides breakfast, lunch and dinner for nonprofits, businesses and private parties. Our catering services are diverse, high quality and affordable. It's catering for a cause! Revenue raised through catering is used to end senior hunger in Mason and Thurston Counties. Our catering business provides a great opportunity to serve the community while supporting Meals on Wheels and senior community dining. For more information, visit www.southsoundcatering.com or call us at 360.586.6181 x 107.
The Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program (SFMNP) is to provide seniors in Lewis,
Mason and Thurston Counties the opportunity to purchase fresh, nutritious, unprepared,
unprocessed, locally grown fruits, vegetables, honey and fresh-cut herbs from
authorized farmers markets and roadside stands. Participants will also receive nutrition
educational materials including recipes, nutrient values, food preparation and storage
Another benefit of this program is that by increasing the consumption of local
agricultural commodities it helps aid in the development of new farmers markets and
roadside stands along with community-supported agriculture programs.
To be eligible for the SFMNP, you must meet all of the following requirements:
- You must be 60 years old or older (or 55+ if you are Native American/Alaska
- Your income must be below 185% of Federal Poverty Level. That means:
- $23,606 Annual or $1,967 Monthly Income for 1 person
- $31,894 Annual or $2,658 Monthly Income for 2 people
- For larger households, add $691 for each additional person
- You must be a resident of Washington State
Please click here to see complete details on our Senior Farmers Market Nutrition program.
Thurston County Food Bank: The Olympia Senior Center and The Lacey Food Pantry are distribution centers for the Food Bank. To sign up for this service, please stop by either center for an application. Olympia Senior Center Food Bank Day: Fourth Friday, 10:00 - 11:00 am.
Lacey Food Pantry Food Bank Day: Drive-through service on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10 am - 1 pm.
If you are physically unable to pick up food at either food bank satellite location, please contact Dean at the Thurston County Food Bank Warehouse at 360.754.5703 x 106.
Community Supported Agriculture: This program connects local food producers and seniors to receive the harvest of a local farm or group of farms.