On-going Volunteer Opportunities
- Olympia 2020 Bingos
Saturday, June 13th: Rainbow Bingo at the Olympia Senior Center
Friday, Aug. 28th: Let it Bingo at the Olympia Senior Center
Friday, Oct. 30th: Rocky Horror Bingo at the Olympia Senior Center
Friday, Dec. 18th: Ugly Sweater Bingo at the Olympia Senior Center
- Lacey 2020 Bingos
Friday, May 22nd: Bingo de Mayo at the Lacey Senior Center
Friday, July 24th: Spaghetti Western Bingo at the Lacey Senior Center
Friday, Sept. 25th: Oktoberfest Bingo at the Lacey Senior Center
- Lacey Spring Rummage Sale
Friday April 24th is SETUP Day: Spring Rummage Sale at the Lacey Senior Center
Saturday, April 25th is RUMMAGE SALE Day
- We have many volunteer opportunities in our Senior Nutrition Program at several locations.
Virgil Clarkson Lacey Senior Center: Dishwasher for Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, 2-3 hours per day, 11 am until about 2 pm. Using industrial dishwasher, wash all cookware and dinnerware for daily dining. Your choice of day to work.
- Tumwater Lunch Program: Kitchen Assistants: We are looking for volunteers to help on Wednesday, Thursday and Fridays to transport food from the Olympia kitchen to the Tumwater Center, collect payments, set up and clean-up of tables, counters, wash dishes and help serve, as needed. Food Handlers card is preferred but not required. Hours are approximately 10:30 am until 1:30 pm.
- Olympia Senior Center: We are looking for volunteers for two different positions: Volunteers to help with set-up and clean-up of the lunch room. Servers to serve lunch to those who are not able to go through the lunch line, along with beverages and desserts in the lunch room. Food Handlers card required. Kitchen Assistants -to help prepare meals for congregate dining and Meals on Wheels. Food Handlers card required.
- Yelm Senior Center: Kitchen Assistants needed for Wednesday and Friday, hours are flexible. You will need a current Food Handlers card. This position includes helping to prepare lunch for Yelm members and Meals on Wheels for several locations.
- Retail: We continue to need customer service and sales folks in our Budd Bay Bargains Store and The Estate Store – lots of shifts available Monday through Saturday.
- Program Assistants in Brighter Days Adult Day Program: Our caregiver respite program for people with dementia, stroke, traumatic brain injuries, etc. There are openings at both our locations, Lacey and Shelton. Does require that you get a TB test and Food Handlers Card within 30 days of beginning a volunteer shift.
- Olympia and Lacey Senior Centers: Ambassadors are volunteers who greet, welcome and direct visitors in our Centers. Shifts are available from 9-11:30 am and 11:30 am to 2 pm. We are looking for those with outgoing personalities and an interest in people.Advocates work one on one with clients who need a helping hand accessing services.
Development and Marketing Office: Looking for a volunteer to distribute marketing materials throughout Olympia, Lacey, Tumwater, and occasionally Mason County. If you are personable, professional and enjoy driving and meeting people, this is the perfect job for you! Great for couples, families, etc. You would be supporting the work of our Trips & Tours, Activities and Development departments. Mileage is reimbursed.
Clerical help with mailings, data entry, events, etc. This is a fun office to work in and your jobs will change often. Must have data entry skills.
Have an idea of what you’d like to do but it’s not on the list or have questions?
Toni Jenkins, Administrative Assistant, Development, at 360.586.6181, ext. 139 firstname.lastname@example.org or
Jay Wallerstedt, Coordinator, Virgil Clarkson Lacey Senior Center at 360.407.3967, ext. 201 email@example.com.
Complete a Volunteer Application or visit the Virgil Clarkson Lacey Senior Center or Olympia Senior Center.