On-going Volunteer Opportunities
- Olympia 2020 Bingos
Saturday, Feb. 29th: Leap Year Bingo at the Olympia Senior Center
Saturday, April 18th: Disco Bingo at the Olympia Senior Center
Saturday, June 13th: Rainbow Bingo at the Olympia Senior Center
Friday, Aug. 28th: Let it Bingo at the Olympia Senior Center
Friday, Oct. 30th: Rocky Horror Bingo at the Olympia Senior Center
Friday, Dec. 18th: Ugly Sweater Bingo at the Olympia Senior Center
- Lacey 2020 Bingos
Friday, March. 13th: Lucky Leprechaun Bingo at the Lacey Senior Center
Friday, May 22nd: Bingo de Mayo at the Lacey Senior Center
Friday, July 24th: Spaghetti Western Bingo at the Lacey Senior Center
Friday, Sept. 25th: Oktoberfest Bingo at the Lacey Senior Center
- Lacey Spring Rummage Sale
Friday April 24th is SETUP Day: Spring Rummage Sale at the Lacey Senior Center
Saturday, April 25th is RUMMAGE SALE Day
- We have many volunteer opportunities in our Senior Nutrition Program at several locations.
Virgil Clarkson Lacey Senior Center: Kitchen Assistants to help prepare, serve, set up and clean up for daily lunch service. Dishwasher for Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, 2-3 hours per day, 11 am until about 2 pm. Using industrial dishwasher, wash all cookware and dinnerware for daily dining. Your choice of day to work.
- Tumwater Lunch Program: Kitchen Assistants: We are looking for volunteers to help on Wednesday, Thursday and Fridays to transport food from the Olympia kitchen to the Tumwater Center, collect payments, set up and clean-up of tables, counters, wash dishes and help serve, as needed. Food Handlers card is preferred but not required. Hours are approximately 10:30 am until 1:30 pm.
- Olympia Senior Center: We are looking for volunteers for two different positions: Volunteers to help with set-up and clean-up of the lunch room. Servers to serve lunch to those who are not able to go through the lunch line, along with beverages and desserts in the lunch room. Food Handlers card required. Kitchen Assistants -to help prepare meals for congregate dining and Meals on Wheels. Food Handlers card required.
- Yelm Senior Center: Kitchen Assistants needed for Wednesday and Friday, hours are flexible. You will need a current Food Handlers card. This position includes helping to prepare lunch for Yelm members and Meals on Wheels for several locations.
- Receptionists for Olympia Senior Center: shifts are 8-noon and noon-4 pm. Prefer that those interested have office experience, excellent customer service skills, computer skills and be willing to work a regular shift.
- Olympia Coffee Bar: Looking for volunteers for a few different shifts. Qualifications include being outgoing and welcoming to all those coming into the center. Food Handler care required.
- Retail: We continue to need customer service and sales folks in our Budd Bay Bargains Store and The Estate Store – lots of shifts available Monday through Saturday.
- Program Assistants in Brighter Days Adult Day Program: Our caregiver respite program for people with dementia, stroke, traumatic brain injuries, etc. There are openings at both our locations, Lacey and Shelton. Does require that you get a TB test and Food Handlers Card within 30 days of beginning a volunteer shift.
- Olympia and Lacey Senior Centers: Ambassadors are volunteers who greet, welcome and direct visitors in our Centers. Shifts are available from 9-11:30 am and 11:30 am to 2 pm. We are looking for those with outgoing personalities and an interest in people.Advocates work one on one with clients who need a helping hand accessing services.
Development Department: Prefer people with solid administrative skills – data entry, phone, proofreading, filing, helping with events, etc.
Have an idea of what you’d like to do but it’s not on the list or have questions? Contact Jan Hawley, Volunteer Coordinator, at 360.586.6181, ext. 108 or email@example.com to discuss. Complete a Volunteer Application or visit the Virgil Clarkson Lacey Senior Center or Olympia Senior Center.