Senior Services for South Sound’s mission is to improve the lives of people as they age. Our Client Services programs help seniors remain independent and safe. We care. We connect. We create community.
- Adult day program
- Affordable housing options
- Caregiver respite
- Food distribution
- Inclusion programs
- Individual and family support
- Information and referral
- Needs-based financial support
- Pet assistance fund
- Personal home care
- Support groups
BRIGHTER DAYS ADULT DAY PROGRAM offers quality care for those living with Alzheimer’s disease, other dementias or chronic illnesses, including respite for their caregivers.
CARE CONNECTION PROGRAM offers a registry of skilled and screened providers that can assist with many personal care needs.
HOME SHARE PROGRAM matches seniors in need of housing with individuals who can provide it.
INCLUSION PROGRAM offers seniors and adults with developmental or intellectual disabilities a variety of social, recreational and volunteer activities at our Olympia and Lacey Senior Centers.
STATEWIDE HEALTH INSURANCE BENEFITS ADVISORS (SHIBA) PROGRAM provides assistance with Medicare, health insurance options and open enrollment support.
TRANSPORTATION PROGRAM provides rides for medical appointments and other essential errands.
SENIOR ADVOCATES help seniors aged 55 and older with resources and referral services.
FOOD BANK & COMMODITIES DISTRIBUTION addresses senior hunger insecurity. Olympia and Lacey Senior Centers offer monthly distribution from the Thurston County Food Bank.
NEEDS-BASED FINANCIAL SUPPORT may help seniors with urgent needs, including pet care.
Services for Job Seekers
- Counseling in Social Work
- Knowledge of public assistance program: nutrition programs, Food Stamps, Food Bank
- Community Resources: doctors, housing, transportation options, assist individuals and families with short and long-range planning for future care
- SHIBA: Office of Insurance Commissioner certification
- Serving as gatekeepers, monitoring and advocating for the well-being and safety of community seniors who are vulnerable to exploitation and abuse.