For the latest updates on COVID-19 vaccine appointments and eligibility, please visit the Thurston County Public Health and Social Services website.
If you need assistance scheduling an appointment, please call Thurston County’s vaccine helpline 360-867-2610 or our Resource Advocate team at 360-586-6181 x 135.
Who: Thurston County Public Health and Social Services is now vaccinating anyone age 16 and older.
All minors 16 and 17 years old must receive parent or guardian consent to receive a COVID-19 vaccine. This can be done in PrepMod when registering for an appointment or at the time of vaccination. Parents or guardians do not have to be present at the time of vaccination if they signed the consent form online during registration.
Anyone age 16 and older may receive the Pfizer vaccine. Anyone age 18 and older may receive the Moderna or Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) vaccine.
Where: Location varies by vaccine clinic.
When: Time varies by vaccine clinic.
Phone Stand-by Information
Please note that If you are on the phone stand-by list for a COVID-19 vaccination, it does not guarantee that you will receive the vaccine that day. Individuals on the phone stand-by list will be contacted in the order of sign-ups if an opening becomes available due to a cancellation.
Thurston County Public Health and the ‘prepmod’ portal DO NOT keep track of individuals on the phone stand-by list for future appointments. If you are on the phone stand-by list and not contacted on the day of the vaccine clinic to receive the vaccine, you must register again if you wish to sign up for a future appointment. Click here to find additional vaccine locations. Please continue to check our website and Facebook for the latest vaccine opportunities at our Senior Centers.
Please remember that this vaccination service is an ongoing partnership between Senior Services and Thurston County Public Health, and we will continue to provide vaccination information and slots as they become available to us, until all who want the vaccine, have been vaccinated. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we do our utmost to help meet the immediate need for vaccinating seniors in the community.
Second Vaccine Dose
- PHSS will email you a registration link to schedule your second dose appointment approximately 2-4 days before your second dose is due. Please do not share your appointment link with anyone else, as it is unique to you. If you do not have an email account, someone will call you to make an appointment.
- Second doses of Moderna will be four weeks (28 days) from the date of your first shot. Second doses of Pfizer will be three weeks (21 days) from the date of your first shot. You will receive your second dose at the same location you received your first dose.
- If you are unable to attend your second dose appointment you can sign up at any open clinic to receive your second vaccine – just make sure you get one by the same manufacturer (Moderna or Pfizer) as your first dose.
You can call PHSS at 360-867-2610 if you are unable to locate your email registration to confirm your second dose appointment date and time.
- You should get your second shot as close to the recommended 3-week or 4-week interval as possible. However, your second dose may be given up to 6 weeks (42 days) after the first dose, if necessary. You should not get the second dose early.
If you need transportation to any vaccination site in Thurston County, please contact our Transportation Manager, Michael Corona at transportation@SouthSoundSeniors.org, or 360.586.6181 ext 128.
If you wish to volunteer at these Vaccine Administration sites in a medical capacity please visit the Thurston County Public Health’s website, here.
- Observation and Additional Observation
- Vaccination Assistant
- External Road Traffic Control and line management
- Setup and check out volunteers
Please visit United Way of Thurston County’s COVID-19 Volunteer page, here.
If you wish to:
- Be a Safety Ambassador
- Volunteer for Transportation
- Being on a Team to Call Seniors without internet access to sign up on our website, we encourage you to contact our Volunteer Manager, Theresa Ziniweicz.
If you are new to volunteering at Senior Services, please fill out a volunteer application, here. You will be contacted after we receive your application.
If you are an active volunteer at Senior Services and have already filled out a volunteer application, please contact Theresa at theresaz@SouthSoundSeniors.org or 360.586.6181 ext 120.
Seniors Who Do Not Have Internet
If you know a senior 65+ who is a resident of Thurston County and does not have access to the internet to schedule an appointment, please have them contact us at 360.586.6181 ext 135.
Other Nearby Vaccine Clinics for Mason County Residents
If you are a resident of Mason County, please visit the Mason County COVID-19 Updates and Resources page to see when and where you can get vaccinated.