To Our Senior Community Friends,
The health and safety of our community is our highest priority. As the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to spread throughout the country, we want to share the actions Senior Services for South Sound is taking to help protect our community.
As this situation evolves, we will monitor guidance from local health officials and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We will continue to rely on their recommendations and expertise to inform our decisions. Out of an abundance of caution:
- Per the City of Olympia’s guidance, the Olympia Senior Center will be closed to the public at least through April 24th, 2020
- Per the City of Lacey’s guidance, the Virgil Clarkson Lacey Senior Center will be closed to the public at least through May 3rd, 2020
- We have suspended community meal service at Belfair, Shelton, Tumwater, Tenino, Rochester, Lacey, Olympia, and Yelm locations.
- We will be offering 3 online classes: Nutrition For Life with Mary Ellen Psaltis, Travel Writing with Lesley Klenk, and Enjoy Short Fiction Writing and Practice with Llyn De Danaan. More classes may be added in the near future. You will need a Smartphone, or computer to participate in video chat classes. Senior Services staff can assist you with questions regarding registration, and technical questions. Please call 360.791.4981, Sara Thiessen our Education Coordinator is happy to assist you.
- We will continue to operate phones during regular business hours. If you need Meals on Wheels delivery or transportation for essential appointments, please call the office at 360.586.6181.
- If you need Care Connection Services please call 360.586.4491.
- We are conducting a rigorous cleaning and sanitization in our Centers.
- We encourage those who are experiencing symptoms or are at highest risk of complications from the virus to follow recommendations from health providers and experts.
All of us at Senior Services for South Sound offer our deepest sympathies to those who have been affected by the coronavirus. As circumstances develop, we will update our safety measures and keep our community informed as best we can.
To help us continue to provide essential services to seniors, your donations are sincerely welcome. Please visit our website, here.
Last Updated: 3/19/2020