To Our Senior Community Friends,
The health and safety of our community is our highest priority. As the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to spread throughout the country, we want to share the actions Senior Services for South Sound is taking to help protect our community.
As this situation evolves, we will monitor guidance from local health officials and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We will continue to rely on their recommendations and expertise to inform our decisions. Out of an abundance of caution:
- The Olympia and Lacey Senior Centers are both closed to the public until further notice. We do not have a preliminary re-opening date at this time.
- We have suspended community meal service at Belfair, Shelton, Tumwater, Tenino, Rochester, Lacey, Olympia, and Yelm locations.
- We will continue to operate phones during regular business hours.
- If you are 60 or older and need Meals on Wheels delivery, please call 360.586.6181 ext. 124.
- If you are 60 or older and need transportation to essential services, please call 360.586.6181 ext. 128
- If you need Care Connection Services please call 360.586.4491.
- If you are 60 or older and need assistance with grocery shopping, or need things such as books, magazines, puzzles, facemasks, or would like to get connected to our Pen Pal or Phone Friends, contact our “Do You Know A Senior In Need” initiative, at 360.586.6181 ext. 136, or
- Individual Medicare counseling, by phone, available Tuesday through Thursday from 9am – 3pm. If you are new to Medicare or have questions relating to Medicare, you can contact us by phone or email and a volunteer will get in touch with you. Please call 360.586.6181, ext. 134 and leave a message or email us at: ThurstonMasonShiba.Volunteers@SouthSoundSeniors.org
- We are conducting a rigorous cleaning and sanitization in our Centers.
- We encourage those who are experiencing symptoms or are at highest risk of complications from the virus to follow recommendations from health providers and experts.
All of us at Senior Services for South Sound offer our deepest sympathies to those who have been affected by the coronavirus. As circumstances develop, we will update our safety measures and keep our community informed as best we can.
To help us continue to provide essential services to seniors, your donations are sincerely welcome. Please visit our online donation portal.
Last Updated: 2/1/2021