A special fundraising campaign recently kicked off to increase vital services to help seniors – Caring Across Our Community: A Campaign for Seniors in Need. Our goal is to raise $300,000 by March 2020 to help us meet both present and future needs, specifically:
$100,000 to Fund Current Needs
- A staff position to manage our team of volunteer Senior Advocates that help seniors access resources at each of our centers;
- A staff position to coordinate our Home Share Program, which matches seniors who have housing with those who need it;
- Expanding our Brighter Days Adult Day Program to double the number of individuals and families we can serve that are impacted by Alzheimer’s, other dementias and cognitive impairment.
$200,000 to Fund the McKenzieSullivan Endowment
After 38 years of service, Eileen plans to retire from Senior Services for South Sound in March 2020. We wish to send her into retirement with love and appreciation! Eileen’s leadership increased our ability to meet the needs of a rapidly growing senior population. Her entire family joined her to support seniors in our region. We honor this caring and compassionate family by raising funds to establish the McKenzieSullivan Endowment. Individuals can give an outright or a planned gift (such as a gift of appreciated stock, a designation from a life insurance policy or retirement account, or a gift included in your will). Once fully funded, it will generate income every year for programs that help our most vulnerable seniors, and also reflect the deep commitment of the McKenzieSullivans to continue to serve those in need.
We warmly invite our volunteers, supporters and individuals from across to community to join the Caring Across Our Community campaign and make a gift today.
There are three ways to contribute:
- Send a check made out to Senior Services for South Sound (and indicate what you wish your gift to support in the memo line).
- Donate online by clicking here or click the “Make a Donation Today” button and indicate whether your gift is for Current Needs, McKenzieSullivan Endowment or Both.
- Contact Pam Toal, Gift Planning Manager, at 360.586.6181, ext. 106 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss a planned gift you wish to make.