New Volunteer Opportunities:
Yelm Kitchen Assistants – Wednesday and Friday, hours are flexible. You will need a current Food Handlers Card. This position includes helping to prepare lunch for Yelm members and Meals on Wheels for several locations.
Olympia Senior Nutrition Program – volunteers for two different positions:
- to help with set-up and clean up of the lunch room.
- to serve lunch to those who are not able to go through the lunch line, along with beverages and desserts in the lunch room. This position requires a Food Handlers Card.
On-going Volunteer Opportunities:
- Olympia Coffee Bar is looking for volunteers for a few different shifts. Qualifications include being outgoing and welcoming to all those coming into the center.
- Retail – we continue to need customer service and sales folks in our Budd Bay Bargains Store and The Estate Store – lots of shifts available Monday through Saturday.
- Program Assistants in Brighter Days Adult Day Program, formerly known as STARS, our caregiver respite program for people with dementia, stroke, traumatic brain injuries, etc. There are openings at both our locations, Lacey and Shelton. Does require that you get a TB test and Food Handlers Certification within 30 days of beginning a volunteer shift.
- Receptionists for Olympia Senior Center – shifts are 8-noon and noon-4 pm. Needs to have office work experience, excellent customer service skills, computer skills and be willing to work a regular shift.
- Food Rescue Volunteers in Olympia Senior Nutrition Program: We are looking for volunteers who will pick up donated food from Haggen’s Market on the West Side on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. You choose the day of the week you wish to work – hours are about 8 am until noon and includes working with grocery store staff, loading donations in your vehicle or SSSS vehicle, delivering them to Olympia Senior Services Kitchen, sort food stuffs, transport unused food to other feeding programs in area.
Upcoming events that need volunteer support: Click on link to register as a volunteer!
Big Hair Bingo, Friday, July 12 at the Lacey Senior Center
Beatles Bingo, Friday, August 23 at the Olympia Senior Center
Oktoberfest Bingo, Friday, September 27
OysterFest, Saturday and Sunday, October 5-6
Senior Services Community Recognition Brunch – Stay tuned for more details to come on this new, exciting Awards event!
Young Frankenstein Bingo, Friday, October 25
Greatest Rummage Sale on Earth – Fall edition, Saturday, November 16
Ugly Sweater Bingo, Friday, December 27, 2019 at the Olympia Senior Center
These are just a few of our open opportunities. Have an idea of what you’d like to do but it’s not on the list or have questions? Contact Jan Hawley, Volunteer Coordinator, at 360.586.6181, ext. 108 or email@example.com to discuss. Complete a Volunteer Application or visit the Virgil Clarkson Lacey Senior Center or Olympia Senior Center.