Food Rescue Volunteers in Olympia Senior Nutrition Program: We are looking for volunteers who will pick up donated food from Haggen’s Market on the West Side on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. You choose the day of the week you wish to work – hours are about 8 am until noon and includes working with grocery store staff, loading donations in your vehicle or SSSS vehicle, delivering them to Olympia Senior Services Kitchen, sort food stuffs, transport unused food to other feeding programs in area.
Social Dance Host: Every Wednesday afternoon from 2-4 pm, there is a social dance for all who love to dance! We are looking for a couple folks who would serve as hosts every week. This includes arriving by 1:30 pm to make sure the room is set up appropriately, making coffee/punch, setting out refreshments, then cleaning up after. You’ll have plenty of opportunity to enjoy dancing yourself! This is an excellent opportunity for a couple or friends to work together in a fun activity at the Olympia Senior Center.
- Olympia Coffee Bar – Monday shift from 8-11 am. Qualifications include being outgoing and welcoming to all those coming into the center.
- Retail –customer service and sales folks in our Budd Bay Bargains Store and The Estate Store. Lots of shifts available Monday through Saturday.
- Brighter Days Adult Day Program Assistants – formerly known as STARS, our caregiver respite program for people with dementia, stroke, traumatic brain injuries, etc. Openings for Tuesday, Wednesday or Fridays from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm. Does require that you get a TB test and Food Handlers Certification within 30 days of beginning a volunteer shift.
- Olympia Bread Room – Fridays 10 am – 1 pm. Includes sorting donated bakery and bread items, putting aside what is needed for the nutrition program, set up for Bread distribution from 12:30-1 pm, deliver unused/needed bread to Union Mission. Must be able to lift 20 lbs. and work independently once trained.
- Receptionists for Olympia Senior Center – shifts are 8-noon and noon-4 pm. Needs to have office work experience, excellent customer service skills, computer literate and be willing to work a regular shift.
- Trips & Tours – bus drivers for our trips. Must have a CDL, clean driver’s abstract and be willing to drive trips anywhere in the WA and OR.
- Special Events – many special events between now until the end of the year, and we need volunteers for all areas as follows:
- Bingo de Mayo, Friday, May 24
- Brighter Days Variety Show, Saturday, June 1
- Somewhere Over the Rainbow Bingo, Saturday, June 8
- Fashion Tea, Wednesday, June 12, 2019 at the South Sound Manor
- Big Hair Bingo, Friday, July 12
- Super Bingo, Saturday, July 27 at the Olympia Senior Center – Stay tuned for more details to come on this new fundraising event!
- Beatles Bingo, Friday, August 23 at the Olympia Senior Center
- Oktoberfest Bingo, Friday, September 27
- OysterFest, Saturday and Sunday, October 5-6
- Fall Brunch – Stay tuned for more details to come on this new fundraising event!
- Young Frankenstein Bingo, Friday, October 25
- Greatest Rummage Sale on Earth – Fall edition, Saturday, November 16
- Ugly Sweater Bingo, Friday, December 27, 2019 at the Olympia Senior Center
These are just a few of our open opportunities. Have an idea of what you’d like to do but it’s not on the list or have questions? Contact Jan Hawley, Volunteer Coordinator, at 360.586.6181, ext. 108 or email@example.com to discuss. Complete a Volunteer Application or visit the Virgil Clarkson Lacey Senior Center or Olympia Senior Center.