Volunteer Positions Right Now!
- Retail – we continue to need customer service and sales folks in our Budd Bay Bargains and The Estate Store with lots of shifts available Monday through Sunday.
- STARS Program Assistants – our caregiver respite program for people with dementia, stroke, traumatic brain injuries, etc. Openings for Tuesday, Wednesday or Fridays from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm. Does require a recent TB test and Food Handlers Certification.
- Receptionists for Olympia Senior Center – shifts are 8-noon and noon-4 pm. Needs to have office work experience, excellent customer service skills, computer literate and be willing to work a regular shift.
- Care Connection Referral Specialist – must have experience in care giving. This is an office opportunity that requires knowledge of caregiver needs, excellent customer service and phone skills, computer literate and be willing to make occasional homes assessment visits.
- Trips & Tours – is looking for office help. Must have experience working in a busy office, excellent customer service and phone skills, computer literate.
- Trips & Tours Bus Driver – must have a CDL, clean driver’s abstract and be willing to drive trips anywhere in the WA and OR.
- Activities and Development – looking for people to help with special events this year. This would include Bingo (we have 11 scheduled for this year!), rummage sale in April and November, Gala Brunch in September, Brighten Lives Brunch in May, Dancing 4 STARS in May Fashion Tea in June, etc. You need to be able to lift 30#+, move tables & chairs, stand for long periods, and other event set-up and clean up duties.
These are just a few of our open opportunities. Have an idea of what you’d like to do but it’s not on the list or have questions? Contact Jan Hawley, Volunteer Coordinator, at 360.586.6181, ext. 108 to discuss. Complete a Volunteer Application or visit the Virgil Clarkson Lacey Senior Center or Olympia Senior Center.