One of the biggest issues facing a 24-hour caregiver is finding the time to take care of themselves while ensuring that their loved one continues to get the care they deserve. STARS provides a safe, fun and nurturing community for your loved one while you get that break you need. The STARS Adult Day Program affords up to five hours per day of fun games, arts, demonstrations, group discussions, music therapy, pet therapy, physical games and exercise. Participants can attend as many as five days a week or a little as a half a day, our program is here to help meet your needs.
Trained staff provide great activities, support, snacks/lunch, personal care, and medication assistance, if needed. STARS is available to adults with permanent disabilities specializing in care for those with Alzheimer’s Disease, Dementia, or Developmental Delay.
- Virgil Clarkson Lacey Senior Center: Monday- Friday, 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Faith Lutheran Church, Shelton: Monday, Wednesday & Friday 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
Seniors with Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, developmental disabilities, physical ailments, traumatic brain injury, mental health issues and other cognitive issues.
Services for Businesses
The benefits of enjoying a day in STARS or Momentia are many...
- Opportunities to socialize with peers and avoid isolation
- Expanded support network
- Increases self-esteem—combats apathy
- Increases cognitive stimulation
- Enhanced life experience through humor, reminiscing, and creative expression
- Caregiver respite
- Nutritious snacks and lunch provided
- Possible delay or prevention of placement in a long term care facility
- Engage in community events and activities
Services for Job Seekers
- Experience working with seniors with disabilities or dementia
- Create, organize and conduct activities
- Must be able to lift individuals
- Caregiving experience desired
Momentia is a local movement empowering persons with memory loss and their loved ones to remain connected and active in a dementia-friendly community. Senior Services for South Sound and the STARS Adult Day Program are committed to working with a variety of local organizations in Thurston and Mason counties to create simple, fun and enriching experiences. Each month, several activities are organized so please feel free to join us. Download current Momentia Activities flyer under Useful Links.
Care Connection provides people of all ages with a trusted and reliable place to turn to when needing a variety of in-home care including dementia-specific needs, caregiver respite, companionship, personal care support, personal assistance, end of life care and more. For more information, visit the Care Connection page.