The Inclusion Program is for seniors with developmental disabilities and is based at the Olympia Senior Center. This activity program provides the foundation to build strong social, recreational, and educational networks in our community. We offer the resources and support for people with developmental disabilities to create relationships that will enrich and enhance their lives.
Who Qualifies for the Inclusion Program?
Individuals aged 55 or older, who have developmental disabilities.
Cost: The Inclusion Program is FREE of charge to those who qualify.
Additional funding is available for participants to join Senior Services for South Sound classes or to pay for trips that may charge a fee.
Activities May Include:
- Field Trips: Monthly trips within Western Washington.
- Arts & Crafts Club: This club meets weekly for 1½ hours. Participants have the opportunity to make and create their own projects, which may take one to two sessions to complete.
- Bingo: Twice a month bingo program at the Olympia Senior Center and a weekly van ride to play bingo at the Lacey Senior Center.
- Services: Weekly and/or monthly health and wellness services.These services include blood pressure checks, haircuts, chair massage, acupuncture and foot care.
- Special Events: Monthly activities introducing participants to new experiences at the Olympia Senior Center and surrounding community.
- Volunteer Opportunities: Volunteer positions are available for Inclusion participants within the EnhanceFitness program, nutrition program, coffee bar, mailing crew, and our twice-weekly food distribution program.
The Inclusion Program has a number of on-going activities specifically designed to meet the interests of seniors with developmental disabilities. In addition to developing new activities, our Inclusion Coordinator, assists Inclusion participants in accessing our existing programs by providing individualized support and attention. For more information, contact Lillian Barber, Inclusion Coordinator, at 360-586-6181, ext. 102.