Olympia Senior Center Office Assistant
The Activities Department has a job opening for the Office Assistant position at the Olympia Senior Center. The primary duties for the position are as follows:
- Answers telephones, directs calls, forwards calls, schedule appointments, and takes messages.
- Communicates with clients, employees and other individuals to answer questions, disseminate or explain information, and address issues.
- Greets persons entering Senior Center reception counter, determines nature and purpose of visit, and directs or escorts them to specific destinations.
- Sets up, manages, and maintains filing, mailing and database systems for the Senior Activities Department.
- Operates office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines, voice mail system, and personal computers.
- Schedules and tracks classroom bookings and assigns necessary room equipment for faculty and staff.
- Tracks inventory and orders supplies when necessary for agency.
- Provides support and training to department volunteers including receptionists and bingo volunteers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This is a full time position, working Monday through Friday, and occasional evenings and weekends. The compensation is $13.50/hour and benefits, including health, vision and dental insurance, and the option to participate in a retirement plan.
If interested, please submit a letter of interest, resume and 3 references (at least two professional references) no later than 5 pm, February 25, by emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailing/dropping off at:
Senior Services for South Sound
Attn. Chris Quimby
222 Columbia St. NW
Olympia, WA 98501
Food Service ManagerThe Senior Nutrition Program (SNP) has an opening for a P/T Food Service Manager to work with at all senior meal sites in Mason and Thurston Counties. The person will help train and manage SNP staff and volunteers; ensure food safety and contract compliance; fill in for staff as needed; and help ensure that SS Catering and other SNP fundraising events are a success.Minimum qualifications include an Associate of Arts degree in Culinary Arts, with a Bachelors in Foodservice Management preferred. Three+ years of commercial cooking and kitchen management experience preferred. This position is available starting March 1, 2019 and will be 24 hours per week through 2019; hourly wage DOQ. Valid driver's license and auto insurance required. We are a drug- and alcohol-free workplace.Please send your email or letter of interest explaining why you are a good fit for this position, plus your resume to Cathy Visser via email by Monday, February 18th. Position to remain open until filled with a qualified candidate. Current staff and volunteers who qualify will be given preference. For more information, please see the Job Description.
In-Home Independent Providers (Caregiving and Housekeepers)
At Senior Services for South Sound, our goal is to help seniors age in place. Sometimes that means bringing important services to them in the comfort of their own home or facility where they reside. Our Care Connection program connects quality Independent Providers (IP) with individuals to assist with personal care, shopping, housekeeping, cooking, companionship and much more. Download the Independent Provider Job Description.
If you're a caregiver or would like to know more about being an independent provider, we'd love to talk with you. Please contact April Slee, Care Connection Director, 360.586.4491 or email email@example.com. April can give you guidance on the easy steps to start your own business and be your own boss!